December 30, 2011

My 2012 New Year's "Evolutions"



With only a few days left of 2011 it is time to reflect on the past year.  To think about what went well and what didn't.  What lessons to bring forward and what to leave behind.  It's time to be grateful for the year, the people that popped into and out of my life and all the lessons learned.


2011 was a great year!  I tested my physical abilities by completing the Insanity workout program and ran a 1/2 marathon with my husband. I had a few tests to my spirituality and found a new strength I didn't realize I had.  I have amazing memories with my husband, girls, family and friends.


For 2012, instead of writing a list of resolutions, I've decided to write a list of "evolutions."  The things I'd like to do to raise myself up and evolve into an even better version of myself.  To make the appropriate changes to align with the woman I envision myself becoming. I'd like to concentrate on how I'd like to be rather than what I'd like to accomplish.


I see this as a pivotal year for me.  I'm turning 40 in 2012 and it's time to let go of a few things I've been holding on to that are no longer serving its purpose. I am going to replace those things that are taking up space to create a more spiritual purpose in my life.  These are the things I am going to do:


  • Strengthen my spiritual practices by learning to meditate and writing daily in my gratitude journal
  • Live with integrity and show my true self more often
  • Let go of past grudges.  Give people a fresh start, release the story and forgive.
  • Slow down. Stop rushing and looking at what's next or what needs to be done.  Enjoy all the moments in each day.
  • Put more love into my relationships, choose love over fear and assume the best, most positive aspect in every situation.


I want to focus on how I want to feel this year.  I want to feel joy, love, peace and contentment.  I want to be full of love and kindness.  I want to be strong, creative, energetic, healthy and fit.
Inspirational quotes

This seems like a lot, but I think if I just focus on showing up full of love in every moment and be my best in every situation, I'll get there!


Wishing you the best 2012!  This is going to be quite a spectacular year for everyone.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and what your intentions are for the coming year.  We can support one another here.  Post and share how things are going for you!  I can't wait to hear all about it.  I will for sure let you know how I'm doing!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment