June 15, 2015

Do this and you will completely change your life


I firmly believe and have learned this from my own experience that you can make your life beautiful and happy or sad and depressed solely on how you think about it.  You can completely transform your life just by changing the thoughts you think. 

It's true!!  I've changed my life just by changing my mind.  By choosing to see all the good, positive and happy things.  Don't get me wrong though….it's not like things don't happen now or I don't go through any tough times and every day is sunshine, rainbows and unicorns.  And it's not always easy to choose the good thoughts.  I get stuck in my head too.  But the difference for me now is that I know that I'm doing it, I know I can choose to see the situation from a different perspective and see what I need to learn from the experience.  Everything is here to teach me something to show me something new about myself or life.  

I haven't always been this way either.  I got through some very tough, tough times and came out the other end stronger and more capable of leading my life and knowing exactly what I wanted from these challenging times in my life.  The tough times I went through, as hard as they were, I can now look back and be more grateful for them for they caused me to wake up to my life and how I was living it. 

I now purposefully create my life and expect the good, expect things to happen and trust in the Universe that everything happens when it's supposed to and for a reason.  It's truly mind, body and spirit.  All three together.  Once you start working on one, you can't not affect the other areas.  Seriously, it is that easy.  Change the thoughts you think.  Just turn them around.

Here's a few ideas on how to change your mindset.  Positive affirmations to read daily.  I read this article today from Marc and Angel Hack Life.  Follow them and get their book if you get the chance.  You won't regret it!!


1.         “I cannot control everything that happens to me; I can only control the way I respond to what happens.  In my response is my power.”

2.         “I will not get caught up in what could’ve been or should’ve been.  I will look instead at the power and possibility of what is, right now.”

3.         “I have to accept whatever comes my way, and the only important thing is that I meet it with the best I have to give.”

4.         “Making mistakes is always better than faking perfections.” (Read The Gifts of Imperfection.)

5.         “I will never be as good as everyone tells me when I win, and I will never be as bad as I think when I lose.”

6.         “I will think less about managing my problems and more about managing my mindset.  I will keep it positive.”

7.         “A challenge only becomes an obstacle if I bow to it.”

8.         “I will get back up.  Again, and again.  The faster I recover from setbacks, the faster I’ll get where I’m going in life.”

9.         “I will not try to hide from my fears, because I know they are not there to scare me.  They are there to let me know that something is worth it.”

10.       “There is a big difference between empty fatigue and gratifying exhaustion.  Life is too short.  I will invest in the activities that deeply move me.”

11.       “If I don’t have time for what matters, I will stop doing things that don’t.”

12.       “I cannot build a reputation and legacy for myself based on what I am going to (maybe) do someday.”

13.       “The future can be different than the present, and I have the power to make it so, right now.”

14.       “Happiness will come to me when it comes from me.”

15.       “Getting ahead is essential, and I will never get ahead of anyone (including my past self) as long as I try to get even with them.”

16.       “I will focus on making myself better, not on thinking that I am better.”

17.       “I will be too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.”

18.       “I will eat like I love myself.  Move like I love myself.  Speak like I love myself.  Live like I love myself.  Today.  (Angel and I discuss this in more detail in the “Self-Love” chapter of 1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently.)

19.       “My next step in the right direction doesn’t have to be a big one.”

20.       “All the small victories are worth celebrating, every step of the way.  It’s the small things done well that make a big, exciting life in the end.”


And remember, one of life’s greatest gifts is the fact that it is often difficult.  Because in dealing with life’s difficulties, we build invaluable strength.  This strength enables us to successfully fulfill our deepest, most meaningful purposes.  It is precisely because life is difficult that we are able to make it great.  It is because life is difficult that we are able to rise above the difficulties.  We are able to make a difference and we are able to leave our mark on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment