August 29, 2017

Calling BS on myself!!


 "I see you've been eating whatever you want this summer." ~Christina’s clothes 


You guys know that I overshare sometimes (serious apologies…sorta), but I like to keep it real and I believe in sharing it all, the good, the bad and the ugly not just the highlight reels. I do this because I know if I'm struggling with something, there is someone else out there that is struggling too and they need to know they are not alone in this. I've had plenty of struggles and challenges in my life, and what I've learned is that these struggles and challenges are what makes us stronger, it's where we grow, it’s where we learn who we are and it's where we learn to appreciate the process and the success that goes along with it.  Your health & fitness is no different. 


Here’s the real honest deal:  I’ve gained 15 pounds that I’ve been strategically trying to hide all summer long and hiding is such hard work you guys, physically, but mostly emotionally.  Yes, it’s been a fabulous and fun summer that I have fully enjoyed with my family and friends.  Traveling, vacation, late nights, bbq’s and patio time, boating, cocktails and wine, time with friends, yadda yadda.  I have absolutely LOVED every single moment of it!!  

However it’s time for the shenanigans to stop. You know them: exercising but not really (not pushing hard, choosing “easier” workouts but “work out” was checked off my to do list), NOT following my meal plan (start out amazing in the morning but then end the night looking 4 months pregnant because of carb overload) and the return of the nightly glass (no, let’s be real, 2 glasses) of wine. 

It’s absolutely not just about my pant size or a number on the scale. However, these are my alarms that go off when I know things have gotten way too far off track. I'm sharing this because honestly, I feel like SH*T (sorry for cussing).  My energy is at the bottom of the barrel, my moods are a bit of a roller coaster, my strength and my cardio workouts are truly suffering, and my clothes are getting too tight!!  This has got to stop because I have some super cute fall pants that I must get this bootay into!  Most importantly though, my mindset is off.  Not having clothes fit or a number on the scale doesn't matter as much as my mindset.  Not feeling good about myself, not feeling proud, knowing that I'm not taking good care of me is a sad feeling.  I don't like feeling like this.  I like being more self-confident and happy and just rockin and rollin through life feeling fabulous!  I want that Christina back!

Why am I oversharing with you?  Because moments like this, used to make me feel so disappointed in myself, sad and depressed and wanting to throw my hands up in the air and ask “WHY am I bothering?  It’s so much work and what for?”  We want INSTANT gratification and when we don't get it, we think those icky, negative, defeating thoughts to ourselves.

And then, if it’s not enough to feel bad about myself, I decide to just go eat whatever I want “just for today” and I’ll start again tomorrow with a better attitude or I decide a glass of wine will help me feel better.  Either way I get in a funk and feel guilty and horrible because I KNOW I can do this, I’ve done it before, I have the full love and support of my hubby and family and I have all of the tools needed to accomplish it, I just need to USE THEM. It's no one's fault but my own and I'm OWNING MY OWN BS TODAY!

If any of this resonates with you, I want you to know you're absolutely not alone. We all have those times in life where we seem to take a step or two forward and then a giant leap back. I know….I’ve been living it this summer.

For me, it stops TODAY. Right now!  Here's my accountability picture....my never, ever again....I know, I'm still hiding from you.  See that smile.  Yeah, no.  Not a happy camper.  Still some shame there... I'm saving the whole pics for a freaking awesome after pic!! 

August 28, 2017


With all of this long winded post being said (thank you if you actually read this all and have gotten to the end), whether you have started with me before, are wanting to start or don't know where to start.  If you are sitting, watching and waiting to see how this all unfolds, I just want you to know, if you need help, I'm ALWAYS here for you.  I haven't given up on myself and I'd never give up on you....we are in this thing called LIFE together to lift each other up and help one another to be the best versions of ourselves that we are capable of becoming!  

If you read this and are ready to take back your life and find yourself again let me know!  I'm ready to help you whenever you're ready!!  Find me on Facebook or send me an email.  I'd love to chat with you!

~Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment