January 18, 2016

My Instagrammed Life


Today we lay my grandfather to rest.  He was such a strong and courageous man through lung cancer.  My grandparents are the best example of true love that I have known in my life.  All I have ever known is them holding hands, kissing, grandma sitting on his lap, their little secrets and whispers.  My grandmother’s strength right now is absolutely incredible.  She may be the tiniest grandma but she is most absolutely the strongest.  I have learned so much over the last few weeks about love and living life and putting others before yourself.  The stories I’m hearing from grandma about how my grandpa led her through life with his examples and perspective have strengthened and changed me too.  Although it’s incredibly sad that this amazing man is no longer here in the physical world with us, we know we have someone looking over us all and helping to guide our way.  He’s in a beautiful place, at peace, without pain and with so many that he loves.  We love you grandpa and we will miss you every day.  Thank you so much for what you have given your family.  Your legacy will live on forever. #ahappyfitlife via Instagram: @chrissymartinez

No comments:

Post a Comment